Yoga and Ayurveda are known as sister sciences, they both share the concept that human beings are intrinsic to nature, and that our body is the abode of a higher consciousness, the temple of our purest essence.
“Ayurveda is the science and Yoga is the practice of the science”
Yoga shares the same origin and goal as Ayurveda, based upon the traditional Vedic system of health care:
- The principles of Trigunas, the qualities and virtues of Sattva, Rajas and Tamas
- Panchamahabuthas, the five natural elements of ether, air, fire, water and earth
- The understanding of how the body works and the effect that food and medicines have on the body
- Yoga postures tone every area of the body, and cleanse the internal organs of toxins, which is one of the goals of Ayurveda, through food and massage therapies
- The regular practice of pranayama, meditation and chanting of mantras, as well as the use of herbs, body purification procedures and food for physical and mental health.
In this Re-Treat we incorporate and integrate both sciences in a healthy and balanced program based on your physical-mental and emotional conditions.