Ayurvedic Massage is one of the most common and important Ayurvedic therapies. Ayurvedic Massage is generally referred to as Abhyangam, which in Sanskrit means ‘oil application’. It is a program where oil is liberally applied using different strokes & oils as per the need of the patient.
According to classic Ayurvedic textbooks, Abhayngam is an important Dincharya (Daily Regimen) that should be done by everybody, everyday, for the purpose of achieving good health & thus happiness.
They also state two types of Abhyangam: one which is supposed to be done daily is the self massage with specific oils according to your body constitution & seasonal change; the other is the therapeutic Abhyangam where you need to be massaged by a therapist with specific stroke techniques and oils according to the body’s requirements.
During this Tree Guna Re-Treat we choose to invite self-healing with the use of aromatherapy combined with specific base oils. When required, we also work with classical Ayurvedic medicated oils.
The massage techniques used by our Ayurvedic Therapist during your Ayurvedic Massage are known for the following benefits when received regularly:
- Stimulate the lymphatic system to expel toxins
- Stimulates production of lymphocytes which play a vital role in maintaining immunity in the human body
- Relieve Pain
- Prevent ageing and bestowing longevity
- Relieve Fatigue & stress
- Pacify the complete nervous system
- Improve vision
- Increase strength
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Bestows healthy & glowing skin
- Builds resistance to injuries & quickens healing
- Increases motivation & focus
- Stimulates the scalp and helps to improve hair texture
- Relieves Gastric problems
- Stimulates Weight-loss